Dog Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm Olivia, the Social Media Manager for the ASPCA. I'm so excited to be a part of this community and seek and share stories about dogs! Social media and animals are my two biggest passions so this is a dream job for me :)

·
Registered
725 Posts
Hi Olivia, and welcome! :huddle:

I imagine you have tons of interesting stories you could share with us! I'll be having a look-out for your posts! :)

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Hi ASPCA: Welcome to the forum! There is a lot of wonderful information on this forum. We are fortunate to have you join us and I hope you become a regular poster. I have one Catahoula rescued from hoarders in Kansas, and one from a shelter found in the desert of Az. by Tucson.
Just curious...do you have dogs and could you post their pictures, also what State do you live in? Thanks!

·
Banned
795 Posts
Hi ASPCA: Welcome to the forum! There is a lot of wonderful information on this forum. We are fortunate to have you join us and I hope you become a regular poster. I have one Catahoula rescued from hoarders in Kansas, and one from a shelter found in the desert of Az. by Tucson.
Just curious...do you have dogs and could you post their pictures, also what State do you live in? Thanks!
I been meeting a lot more people with rescued dogs from all across the country , I think more people are going to shelters than breeders to get a dog and that is great! Marty is a rescued dog from California.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again everyone! I've had dogs growing up my whole life, and all my friends know me as the biggest dog lover - so you can imagine how excited I was about working in the field. I've been doing social media for 4 years now, but I started at ASPCA recently and it feels great to be doing social for a cause I am so passionate about.

I unfortunately am not allowed to have dogs in my small NYC apartment, but my parents live in Panama and they rescue dogs (and other animals like endangered birds). If this photo works, it's me with 3 of our 5 amazing dogs - Manchito, Lassie and Biessa. I can't wait to visit them in a few weeks!!

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Hi, OMG...Is that a Catahoula that I see???? We have two females, love them to pieces. You are SO lucky to be in your area of interest! I hope you continue to post. If there are any houlas that need to be rescued I hope that you call the Catahoula Rescue, the one here in Illinois is just top notch!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We're actually not sure what Manchito is, we thought he may be a pit bull mix - he's SO cute and sweet! He was dropped off on our doorstep as a puppy, very sick, and he's been medically treated since and has grown into healthy big boy! :) The other pups are german shepard/rott mix (Lassie) and mini pincher mix (Biessa).

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
I think he's a Catahoula Leopard dog!!!! He has a curved tail, coloring, and I bet webbed feet all the way to his toes?? White tipped tail? I LOVE the houlas! My vet thought ours were a mix of blue heelers/dalmations...NOT here is a link: They come in all colors:
catahoula leopard dog pictures - Bing

Soo glad you are on this forum!

·
Registered
404 Posts
HI :) cant wait to hear some of the stories you have!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts