Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I am new to this forum but have been a member of forums in the past, I really have missed being a member of one. :)

A little background information on myself:
I live in North Texas with my husband, I am currently pregnant with our first child, a little boy, we are going to name him Ryan. I am due May 27 but they are inducing me on the 21st. I am Type 1 Diabetic, recently on an insulin pump which I LOVE, I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis which is miserable but they've got me on Enbrel weekly so I feel pretty good now!

We have two dogs, whom we love dearly. Our first dog's name is Rommel, he is an AKC 19 month old Black/Tan German Shepherd, he has been our baby for the past 17 months. We recently (one month ago) added a new addition to our family, Chloe, a 14 week old Black/Tan Miniature Dachshund. I adore Dachshunds and have always wanted one so my husband got me one as a surprise, I just love her she is so sweet.:)

I used to work as a Veterinary assistant a few years ago before my diagnosis and I loved every moment of it, I really miss it.

I've been around dogs my whole life I can only remember a few short periods in time where I haven't had a dog. My parents currently have a 3 year old Golden Retriever, a 5 year old Dachshund mix as well as the sister to Chloe, a piebald Miniature Dachshund. We like to take Chloe and Rommel over there to play with them, they live on 7 acres and the dogs like to run around and play in the pasture. :)

Well I think that's about it :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
welcome to the group. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts