Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have an 8 year old Beagle, and a new Redbone Coonhound pup. My Beagle is older, cranky, fat, and has been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. She has responded well to medication, and is doing great. She still has a great time tracking, and seems to be less annoyed with the new puppy. My New pup is another story. I will post another thread on that because I have some questions that some of you may be able to answer.

To conclude: I am happy to meet all of you, and hope to learn from your experiences, as I hope my experiences will help some of you.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! That's great your beagle is being treated for HT and is doing well ;)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Mikey. She was diagnosed early and that helps with anything. I tend to notice things early in my pets because I wanted to become a Vet when I was younger, and I read almost every Veterinarian book I could get my hands on. This allows me to get my pets early attention when I recognize symptoms. I also have a Macaw, Yellow-Naped Amazon, Quaker, and Alexandrine parakeet to add to the morning noise in my house. Actually my Macaw is starting to imitate the treeing call of a Beagle quite well. :eek: The beagle and the Macaw get each other going and I have to call Cleo down in order to stop it, lol.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
LOL!!! That is too funny!! I can only imagine your morning symphony! :p

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
lol, that is funny, i was just suggesting to another member that she train her parrot to give her dog cues and then train the dog to respond...how about it?

welcome to the dog forum!!!!!

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts