Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

My name is Denise. My husband and I (and our 18 year old daughter) just became newbie parents to a 6 month old Lab/Husky mix named Casper, and a 4 month old German Shepard mix named Koba. Our world has changed greatly. For the best. And at times for the worst too. :eek:

So, we didn't anticipate getting puppies. It just sort of happened. My husband and I were vacationing in Mexico when we found Koba under a car. It was raining, cold, and he was so tiny. The vet said about 4 weeks old. So, what could we do. Except to make him ours. We did leave him at a Sanctuary in Mexico so that we could prep ourselves to bring him home. We went back for him a few weeks after we found him to get him, and wound up bringing him back....and the second pup Casper. We also have a senior dog and cat that want absolutely nothing to do with the rambunctious pups. :eyeroll: Unfortunately, we didn't read the "two cute puppies=double trouble memo" beforehand.

All in all, its wonderful. They are here with us now. And we love them immensely. We are all committed to raise them to be good canine citizens.
So we are thrilled to be part of these forum communities to be able to learn and resource share.

Thanks. Attached is a pic of our young boys.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm new to this site also, and it won't let me see your attachment. I recently acquired a lab who is solid white in color, but there is obviously something mixed in him. I'm leaning towards husky, white shepherd... Wish I could view the attachment

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can see the pic now that I exited mobile viewing.. Looks so much like my new 9wk old puppy, but my pup has hazel eyes, not different colors or light. I just posted a pic of him on the New Additions forum. I'm trying to identify my pups mix.
Beautiful dogs!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Holly for the warm welcome.

Thank you Lauren. We are going off what the Sanctuary and vet have said. That Casper is probably a husky/lab mix. His eyes and coat are gorgeous. He has one green, and one blue.

I'll look under new additions to see your pups pic.

We truly are blessed. And tired :lolsign:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Denise what a gorgeous pair of dogs you have. We rescued Elsie our Yorkshire Terrier and it's so amazing how quickly they become part of the family. Happy New Year to you all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome Denise from another newbie.....Casper and Kobo are gorgeous, two of mine are rescues, Bruce has been with us for 10 years and Poppy has been with us for 7 years and we find rescues very rewarding :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts