Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello!
My boyfriend and I live in North Dakota and are currently in the process of adopting our very first dog! We've had a cat for three years and recently made the plunge.
Svea is a 25 lb mutt, although she looks just like a rotweiller puppy. People actually ask me how old my puppy is all the time. She dentist aged her 4-6 years and the veterinarian aged her 2-4.
Svea came from a North Dakota reservation where she was a "community" dog. We do know that at one point in her life, she was somebody's pet. She has a little docked tail and definitely has a desire to please. Even before she knew a single trick, it was very apparent that she would listen to our body language and the tones of our voices. She is the sweetest dog; great with people, great with kids, POTTY TRAINED, and she doesn't get into anything (other than food that's been left out).
Svea had at least one litter of puppies before she was rescued in June 2015. When she was brought in she was being treated for mange, eye infections, potential allergies, and preventative care for worms.
Poor doggy clearly has some kennel anxiety, because she came in with all her incisors ground down dang near to the gum line. At her dental appointment last week, they removed all twelve of her incisors due to exposed pulp and abscesses at the roots. Boy does she talk more now that her mouth feels better!
All we have left is her spay appointment 8/26 and we can officially call her ours!
If you have any ideas on what breed she is feel free to share. We keep dancing around Beagle/Min Pin or Beagle/Dobie

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Minpin seems unlikely for a rez dog. I would guess some sort of hound mix, though I can't say more without a picture.

She sounds like a keeper. I can't wait to hear more about her!

·
Registered
906 Posts
She looks adorable, and she is a lucky dog to have found you ... or maybe you are lucky to have found her? :) Anyway, welcome to you both and I look forward to hearing more about your new puppy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts