Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 11 week old male yellow Lab puppy owner. Not my first dog, my third in my adult life so not new to puppies. My 10 year old Beagle CJ past away a few months ago from cancer. So far Rosco is doing well, I am amazed how quickly he is learning the basics. I already have him sitting, waiting for his food calm vehicle travel and healing on a leash. Crate training is coming along but he is getting up at 4:30 AM (yaawwn) but I am sure once he gets more bladder control he will sleep longer. .....working on house breaking....I'd say he is half way there...sometimes he goes to the door sometimes he doesn't....Working on bell training him.

One thing I'd like to work on his water play. All my previous dogs did not care for the water much......I have gotten Rosco to come into the water enticed with treats so things are moving slowly.

Because I like to torture myself at the end of August Rosco will be joined by an 8 week old female chocolate lab Ripley. So I get to start the process again...

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts

Hello! :D
Welcome to the Dog Forum!
Take a look around, I'm sure you'll love it! Well that's what I did when I joined today...!
Anyway, I hope you have fun with your new puppy.
Rest In Peace your ten year old dog. You are a great owner!
Love,
Havenese Cookie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.