Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a fresh new Dog Mom.

My sweet girl Octavia is an 11 week Boston Terrier. She is super small at 4.8lbs and, a total pleasure. We picked her up Friday night and, Saturday and Sunday she went the entire night in her crate and, had a big pee on the puppy pad as soon as we woke up and took her downstairs. She has peed out a few times but, we decided it was just too cold so, we are doing a pad at the door till it warm up a bit. She would just whimper when we took her out and put her down so, we decided we didn't want our pee training to be a bad experience for her.

I'm here to soak in information and, connect with other doggy parents!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am a fresh new Dog Mom.

My sweet girl Octavia is an 11 week Boston Terrier. She is super small at 4.8lbs and, a total pleasure. We picked her up Friday night and, Saturday and Sunday she went the entire night in her crate and, had a big pee on the puppy pad as soon as we woke up and took her downstairs. She has peed out a few times but, we decided it was just too cold so, we are doing a pad at the door till it warm up a bit. She would just whimper when we took her out and put her down so, we decided we didn't want our pee training to be a bad experience for her.

I'm here to soak in information and, connect with other doggy parents!

OMG - Octavia is STUNNING! Currently, I have an AMAZING pitbull. However, I just told my bf if we get a 2nd dog I want a Boston Terrier! What is the typical temperament of a Boston? They're pretty chill dogs aren't they?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My vet described it best...they are happy to chill and snuggle but, are also up for the active life (hiking, etc.). From what I have seen so far, our girl is super chill...she bathes well, I've clipped her, taken her many places, she's been socialized with a few family dogs...she just takes everything in stride. I have only heard her bark in her sleep...lol although she is only 12 weeks so, we shall see how the teen stage goes.

She loves everyone and is soo smart. I have heard that stubbornness can be a thing with Bostons but, so far, I haven't seen it in her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts