Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm new to this thread.

I'm Becca and I'm 17 years old and live in the South of England.

I have the most adorable Dogue De Bordeaux/Labrador cross (we think :confused:) called Smash. He's currently 1 year and 8 months old.

Here's a picture of my baby!

The name Smash is not meant to be aggressive as some people think, and comes from "Patrick Smash" from the movie "Thunderpants" to comment on my dogs constant farting. Although my dog has been known to Smash glasses on the coffee table when he's happy.

We've had Smash since he was 4 months old.
His name used to be Numb Numb and belonged to a friend of my mothers (Who we'll call A).
My mother's friend had a husband who had cancer (we'll call him B), and since he was at home all the time, he thought it would be nice to get a dog to have as a companion. Unfortunately, they had underestimated the amount of time he had left.
He spent a lot of time in the hospital, so Smash would spend a lot of time as a puppy sitting around and missing B .
A tried her best to look after him, but juggling work and visiting the hospital did not leave a lot of time for poor Numb Numb.
At first, we took him for a week just to give her a break. That is when we fell in love with him. We knew that we would want a dog after he had gone, but were all upset that it wouldn't be the same as having Numb Numb around. But when A realised that she just couldn't take care of him, we took him for good.
At first, he missed A and B, but eventually he got used to life here. Soon after, B died. We're glad that Smash didn't have to suffer the upset of losing one of his family members. We're upset that he had to leave home, but every day we realise how lucky we are to have a wonderful dog like Smash.

I'm sure I'll be posting a lot on here, because although he's a big and healthy dog, he is a bit of a scaredy dog. :p

Love Becca and Smash.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Welcome! Smash is adorable and I love the reason you chose his name haha. I wouldn't associate his name with aggression either way, it just sounds like he loves to have fun :) Sorry to hear about Smash's previous owners. It's funny how life is, some things are just meant to be and I'm sure he's just as happy to be in your lives as you are his.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Welcome! Smash is a cutie. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 5 of 5 Posts