Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm Carly and my new 7 month puppy is Strider, a German shepherd mix. I just got him this weekend and we hit it off very quickly. He is now my third dog.
I had one when I was early high school and it took me a long time to come around and get another until I was attacked last year and almost killed. I was given a mini schnauzer/long hair chihuahua female mix pup December who was hit by a car less then two weeks ago by a hole in the gate that I didn't know about (Fence was being fixed and no one told me it wasn't complete). I spent the whole week in a different state distraught when I got an e-mail saying this family urgently had to get rid of Strider because they had two dogs, mother was sick, father in law was sick and had a 2 year old baby. The owner couldn't keep up with everything and was going to put Strider in the pound that week. Naturally I responded and got Strider three days later.
So now I have this puppy who quickly attached to me, follows and listens to me. I plan to be there for him unlike how I could for my first one being limited by adolescence and lack of job then lol... not to mention I seem to be the only one sensitive to dog's feelings in this house.. And I want to double make sure he is happy and enjoys his life with me.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! Quite the background-I'm sorry for what happened :( Glad you got 'back on the horse' and have a new doggie family member :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts