Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
It's a bit hotter here during the hottest part of the day, right now it's probably 98, heat index of around 105 maybe more.

I take him out earlier in the day when it's a bit cooler and keep him in the shade as much as possible. I also test the pavement / asphalt and make sure it's not to hot and if it is I'll carry him until I can get him into the grass or a shady part of the pavement.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Here in Alabama, it has been staying around the upper 90s. Today the heat index will be 102-105. Our crew goes out early in the morning to play and do their buisness, and again late in the afternoon just before dark. I am in east Alabama, and we are in a drought so it's making it so much hotter. We haven't seen a drop of rain in just over a month now.

·
Banned
283 Posts
Not as hot here in UK but still uncomfortable for the last few days. Around 24C which is about 75F. Hot for a dog with a mostly black coat.

We mostly walk him through the woods with plenty of shade and we carry water with us.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Hot here too, out early in the day is the key at this time of year. Once afternoon arrives, its only a quick out to do business, then back into the air conditioned house.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Pikey and I never miss our daily walk (even if it rains) but last month there were two days when the temperature hit 100+ and just opening the door meant you were going to be hit by a blast of hot air. There was no decision as to 'walk or not walk'. It was 'just stay inside and give your dog lots of water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.