Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to dog forums, forums in general, please bear with me. I have a 3 month old maltipoo. We (my bf and I) have been training her since we got her (a month ago) but we've been using plain, unseasoned turkey. Training as in sit, stay, lay down and using the potty pads. The turkey has done well for training but we want to try something that is non perishable. So that we can have treats in every room to help with the issues that we have. We don't know too much about training to stop biting shoes and us. or to stop barking or to even listen to the basic training we've done with her so far. This is our first dog if you couldn't tell. We've been watching a lot of videos and reading into it. Its a little frustrating because there are so many training methods that contradict each other. We've bought her all sorts of teething toys but she still wants shoes and ankles rather than toys. I understand things don't happen over night but we want to make sure we're doing things the right way. We've been using toys to distract her when she gets into things. But sometimes she gets so pent up with energy that she turns all of that attention to barking and biting us. She can't go outside yet because she hasn't got all of her shots yet. We have to wait another two weeks for the third parvo shot and finally the rabies shot. So taking her out is out of the question. Sorry if this is long or if I'm rambling. Are there any training methods I should look into and what are the healthiest treats for my 6lb maltipoo pup? Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much. I recently subscribed to him about a week ago. We've been following a lot of what he's suggested. He's the reason why I want to have treats in every room as per his recommendation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts