Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog Puppy suddenly was swaying her head and was sensitive to being pet or touched her her head - wincing when my hand got close. She wasn't herself. I dunno, maybe it was like she was drunk. I don't know how to explain it. :-(

I took her to a local park about 5 hours before. She seemed ok and it was humid out. I didn't walk as far as I usually do and we went back home. I don't know if any of this has anything to do with the symptoms she showed. I'm really scared.

I took her to the vet right after the symptoms. Fortunately, they were still open. The vet thought she might had ingested a drug outside or something like that.

I dunno. I am scared as I only read online about vestibular disorder/disease and stroke. I read one thread on here about a thyroid issue causing head swaying. I am so scared as all those are serious.

I feel so bad and I was crying all night. She is staying overnight and I don't have a diagnosis yet. I am so worried. I have health issues of my own and I was trying to care for her health as best I can. :-(

·
Registered
48 Posts
My dog Puppy suddenly was swaying her head and was sensitive to being pet or touched her her head - wincing when my hand got close. She wasn't herself. I dunno, maybe it was like she was drunk. I don't know how to explain it. :-(

I took her to a local park about 5 hours before. She seemed ok and it was humid out. I didn't walk as far as I usually do and we went back home. I don't know if any of this has anything to do with the symptoms she showed. I'm really scared.

I took her to the vet right after the symptoms. Fortunately, they were still open. The vet thought she might had ingested a drug outside or something like that.

I dunno. I am scared as I only read online about vestibular disorder/disease and stroke. I read one thread on here about a thyroid issue causing head swaying. I am so scared as all those are serious.

I feel so bad and I was crying all night. She is staying overnight and I don't have a diagnosis yet. I am so worried. I have health issues of my own and I was trying to care for her health as best I can. :-(

It is good your dog is staying at the vet over night. Someone there can look after the animal. You are such a nice person to take of your health problems and your dogs at the same time.

Looks like you are doing all the right things. I am glad the vet was still open at that time.

Hopefully you have some good news tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am really scared. I cried for 4 hrs. My eyes were really red. I am scared of what happened. :-(

·
Registered
48 Posts
How would some drug be outside for the dog to eat? Prescriptions are expensive. Did you see the dog eat anything?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't see anything. I have the same question you do. That's why I am worried about what is wrong and what happened. :-(

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The vet guessed she ingested a toxin.

She was herself the next day. I took her for a walk in a different park and she seems ok. I am glad but I hope the vet's guess was correct.

The other outcomes are scary. But, when I speculated on these, my vet didn't think it was related to thyroid or vestibular disease/gme. I hope not. I am crossing my fingers. I love my dog, Puppy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The vet guessed she ingested a toxin.

She was herself the next day. I took her for a walk in a different park and she seems ok. I am glad but I hope the vet's guess was correct.

The other outcomes are scary. But, when I speculated on these, my vet didn't think it was related to thyroid or vestibular disease/gme. I hope not. I am crossing my fingers. I love my dog, Puppy.

That is good news. Good to know your puppy is doing much better.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Great news that your doggy is back to normal. Watch her closely for the next week or two, if anything looks out of character for her, contact your Vet. Hope that its a one time transitory experience and you have many more happy healthy years with her.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a senior dog that goes through bouts of vestibular syndrome. It is pretty scary to see but it is manageable and usually clears up in a week or so.
Glad your dog is feeling better. It is hard when they get old and start going though old age issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts