Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought Zody was sleeping, and was out for the night. We had a busy day and I figured it was a safe assumption. I was wrong though, what he was doing was not sleeping, he was recharging. For the past 20 minutes he's been wanting to play:rolleyes: Even thought I played with him I stand by saying that 12:30 AM is not a good playtime.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
How nice of you to play with him!

Chisum has learned that barring a war, when I go to bed I'm out. I've heard him messing around while I was sleeping (I'm actually a very light sleeper, I just hate getting up) but nothing disruptive so I ignore him. I've found when I wake up in the morning, he's watching me very closely to see if I'm really awake and ready to go!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Even thought I played with him I stand by saying that 12:30 AM is not a good playtime.
It's such a shame that dogs base their behavior on our actions instead of what we say! :) My dog decided some months ago that just about the time I'm drifting off to sleep, he needs to come to the side of me and then 'wait' till I stop trying to sleep, and pet him. Then he flops down and snuggles in with his back to me. The snuggling is charming, but also crowded (and lately, hot!). Last night, he added a new twist ... instead of waiting till I offer a pet, just shoved his nose into my hand to get me started ...

But I do let him inconvenience me this way cause I still remember when I got him and he didn't let us touch him very much, never snuggled and refused to stay in the bedroom overnight because we humans were pretty darn scary. :)

·
Registered
501 Posts
I made sure to keep Pax up in the early evening and night when he was young otherwise he would wake up in the middle of the night ready to romp.

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish the problem with Zody was that he's a puppy. He's grown though and just like his owner he's a night owl. He'll sleep in if I get up early and won't put in an appearance before 9am unless I go and get him up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts