Dog Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,902 Posts
Agree with @JoanneF 100%

I had to make the same decision for my 14.5 yr old on December 30th 2019. The vet was closed after the 30th, but I still wanted one more day with her. She had had a really bad seizure the night before and they had been getting worse for 6 months.

Six months earlier the decision had already been made for when the seizures would no longer manageable.
That didn't make it any easier, but I had to act for the dog and not for myself.
This was before Covid and I was able to be with her at the end. Be prepared if your vet will not allow you inside the practice.

It's been over a year and it still hurts, and always will.
Best wishes for both of you.
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top