Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 9 year old German shepherd lab mix (neutered) (named buddy)that I have had for about 8 years. We took him in because his previous owners had to get rid of him because he is a bit aggressive. We just took in (3 weeks ago) a 5 year old German Shepherd male (un-neutered) (named Tico) because the previous owners did not have the time for him. We have been keeping the dogs separate and taking them on walks together every day. We have been making a lot of progress. At first buddy kept trying to bite Tico. After a lot of walking they can now walk side by side and even bump into each other with no problems. Buddy is still a little territorial at our house but we have had some success the past couple of days letting them loose in the yard for just about 10 min at a time. Buddy usually gets himself worked up and we stop them before there is a fight. Buddy is trying to be the dominant dog and Tico will show that he is being submissive by laying down. Buddy keeps flea nibbling on Tico and keeps trying to hump him. What is the best thing to do? Should I stop Buddy every time he tries this or should I just let them figure it out?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.