Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I recently purchased a pug puppy from a person on craigslist about a month ago. He was 8 weeks when I purchased him and the person said he was all pug. I am skeptical about this because he doesn't look like pugs his age (he is 13 weeks now).

Bentley is 10 pounds, which is about 4 pounds over what he should be at his age if he were truly all pug. However, he is very lean and slender. Bentley has tall legs and a hourglass body from a bird's eye view. He is very active and does not look like a barrel at all.

Now don't get me wrong, he is truly the best pup ever. He is very well-behaved and smart. I am a very active individual and he joins me in my high intensity interval training sessions at my backyard.

I visited pugvillage which is a pug forum and people say that he is mixed. Without buying a DNA kit, can anyone give me potential insight about what he could be?

His pics can be seen at instagram.com/skertskertbentley

Again, I am just curious. Nothing is changing my feelings or Bentley. In fact, I am happy because he fits my personality- both fitting at home and the outdoors!

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
looks like a normal pug to me.
A lot of dogs are quite slim while growing up and fill up around 2-3 years.

i was asked if my boxer a sighthound-mix when he was around 9 months. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Maybe just a skinny pug? He might have a bit of terrier mixed in. My sister in law has a terrier-pug mix and she looks quite similar to yours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts