Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
297 Posts
This is a bit of a odd question.. Chester has not gotten stuck in mud puddles but he has gotten stuck in a hole in the ground.

It happened this summer while I was working at a fishing lodge. I was spending some time with Chester on my break and there was some rocks piled over with moss. So there was holes here and there and Chester was going in and out of a few. I figured that he would be fine and I did not expect him to get stuck. One second he was there, and then the next he was no where to be seen. I started calling him and no chester came running back to me. I started to panic and started searching the place and calling him as I went. Soon I noticed that whenever I stood over the moss covered rocks I heard whining. Frantically I start searching the rocks and sure enough, Chester was in one of the holes unable to get out. He was a foot below the ground. Chester was extremely stressed and so was I. After trying for a few minutes to get him out I found I was unable. So my coworker who I was with ran and got a guy coworker. Once he came he spent 10 minutes getting Chester out of the whole. Chester was just fine after and only had a small cut right below his nose. We were all worried that he might have a broken bone because of how stressed Chester was. But thankfully he was fine. I thanked my coworker profusely for rescuing Chester. During that time some of my other coworkers had gathered around and had found the whole thing funny.

Now I look back on it and find it a bit funny but it also scared me to death.

Here is the picture of his little battle wound. Sorry for the quality.

I know, not a mud puddle story but he sure was stuck.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.