Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been debating for awhile now whether or not to try the wisdom panel on our two mixed breed dogs. Has anyone used this. Is it worth buying this. Is there a better brand for this. And how long did U wait to hear back about this.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I used Wisdom Panel. I was happy with the results. But if you search this (or any other) forum, you might find that some results are unsatisfactory.

I believe that Wisdom Panel have more breeds DNA on their files than other companies (who often use the same Wisdom Panel tests) - in the UK anyway.

The test results were reported in about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I used Wisdom panel, and was happy with the results. I think they were as accurate as they could be, under my particular circumstances. If your dog happened to be rescued from out-of-country, you should probably get the DNA tested using the database from the country your dog is from. This is because the companies use DNA from purebreds within their country of operation, and the DNA markers can be a little different between purebreds in different countries. It may not make a lot of difference, but if you want the most accurate result, that's my advice.

Somewhere around here there's a thread with people's results from DNA testing. Maybe we'll see yours there. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.