Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm currently writing an essay about the possible causes of seasonal canine illness and I was wondering if anyone on here had had any experiences with it or knew anyone who had?

It would be so helpful for me to speak to the owner of a dog who had suffered with it and to ask them a few questions!

Please could you direct anyone else who you know to this thread?

Thanks for your help :)
Olivia

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm not sure if "Seasonal canine illness" is an actual diagnosis or a description of a collection of potential symptoms.

My dog gets a watery, runny nose in spring and fall. This correlates with the human onset of "hay fever". Neither my husband, nor I, have seasonal allergies but I can use the weather channel's allergy predictor to pretty accurately figure out when she'll have trouble.

I adopted her at 2, so I don't know about her puppy years. I do know a private practice vet, two shelter vets, including one working with the SPCA, and the private vet who examined her for me upon adoption all said that the remedy would be worse for her than the problem. She's 9 now and I simply wipe her nose during these weeks and wash the couch cover, her bed, or anything else she wipes her nose on more frequently.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts