Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have diversified my search for a dog, beyond the initial breeds that I was considering. Someone mentioned Kelstrin in PA. Their site looks good, very informative. I tried emailing and calling a couple of times, though and got no response.

Are there any breeders in the Midatlantic area?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish there more shows in my area. The closest show was back in May and even that was about 1.5 hours away. It's a dog show dead zone here.
Oh, and I just heard from Kelstrin. I really would like to find some Collie owners in my area. It's incredible but in all the years that I took my dogs to the vet, I never saw a Collie, and we were at the vet quite a bit. My neighbor and I were discussing the fact that she has never any either.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yes I work for a vet, belong to a dog training club and attend dog agility trials. I have seen maybe 4-5 collies at work, 2 at the dog club I belong to and 4 at agility trials. It's a shame because they are a wonderful breed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good luck! We are in Utah and it is even worse here. We had only seen one smooth collie at all of the agility trials we had been to with our sheltie. I could only find breeders in Calif. and Wash. So we drove to Wash. one and a half years ago to get our rough coat tri color female, Zeva. We always get a ton of comments about her when she is walked but people insist she is a border collie because of her coloring. That's how unknown they are here. We love her dearly!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts