Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harness Suggestions

3K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Gilliandi 
I like the quality of ruffwear harnesses, but I've learned that it's best to size in person rather than buy on the net. They don't fit my guys well. I have issues with the neck size on these harnesses being too big...

Right now for harnesses...
Dexter (long bodied and lean) has a brilliant K9 I'm using for nosework. He does have a front range for active everyday (hiking,geocahing, etc.) but it had to be altered in the neck. I took him in to try the smaller size. It fit his neck but was too small around his chest and would have cut into armpits badly. Since I purchased online, I would have had to pay return shipping, so I decided to have a friend alter it instead.

Leggs (tall, thin, deep chest. Almost sighthound like) has a Julius K9 IDC I use in some sports classes because of the handle. His everyday wear harness is the freedom. I took him in to try out harnesses as well. Same issue with the neck on the ruffwear being way to big, so didn't buy.

I think if I was going to splurge on harnesses now, I would go with a custom Alpine outfitters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.