1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
I found one of these on a walk with mud caked on it. Ultimate Bowmerang by Tuffie I took it home and put it through the washer and they played with it for over a year before I had to throw it away. My hound can get through to the squeaker on most toys in an hour not so on the Tuffie toys.

·
Registered
888 Posts
We got the pig last year for Christmas. It was dead in about 3 days. That is actually longer than most around here (most stuffed toys live less than an hour).

If you use carpet/tapestry thread to repair them, they can hold up a bit longer. I think I repaired the pig 4 or 5 times before it went to toy heaven - ie the trash.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We got the pig last year for Christmas. It was dead in about 3 days. That is actually longer than most around here (most stuffed toys live less than an hour).

If you use carpet/tapestry thread to repair them, they can hold up a bit longer. I think I repaired the pig 4 or 5 times before it went to toy heaven - ie the trash.
Gah, that's not a lot of use for a toy that costs around $20-$25.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I'm fairly certain my Taz could chew through a cinder block. I've actually taken to making "toys" out of burlap or old tapestry. They both love soft toys but I just can't find one that lasts.

Now to be fair to the Tuffy's, it did last far longer than anything else. And I know people who have had success with these toys. It is just that personal experience says that they are not worth it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My phone won't load the link you posted. Are these the toys made of fire house material? I have terrors, I mean terriers, and the chew through everything, but the fire house material toys last a LONG time!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We tried a Tuff ball that was rated an 8/10 on the tuffness scale. Lucy killed it in less than 5 minutes. There goes $10 down the drain. At least now we can stop wondering how tough they are.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought our dog a Tuffy T.rex and it was great when he was a pup because it was larger than him and he could jump and wrestle it!
Sad to say though that even though it says that it's tested and should stand up to tough chewers, it didn't. The hands were the first thing to go and even though I'm a whiz with a sewing machine/needle and thread, poor old Tuffy T.rex sits in our spare room cupboard with unravelled arms and hands!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts