Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted in a while but thought I'd brag on my muttly boy. I've had him a year and a half now! crazy!

We've been busy. Last fall he earned his CA (coursing ability) and is now halfway to his CAA (coursing ability advanced). It's like his crack!

A month or so ago he picked up his RATI and RATN barn hunting.

Then 3 (?) weeks ago we went and passed our odor recognition test for NACSW nose work. You have to pass a test before you can trial. There's a trial in June so maybe we will get in.

Then yesterday we picked up his very first agility Q in NADAC touch n go. He ran really well and was really happy and a great little worker. I was so proud of him as the agility trial environment has been a little tough for him.

We started rally 6 weeks ago and are going to probably try for an RN this fall maybe too.

He's a pretty good boy. <3 Glad I impulse pulled him from animal control. lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice looking boy. Sounds like you are both having a great time. It's nice that you are finding the things he loves to do, rather than pushing him into an uncomfortable fit. Congratulations!

·
Registered
574 Posts
He's a busy boy!! Congrats on all of the great accomplishments. :)

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Man keeping busy! And look at all those ribbons!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! We are entering in our first try at AKC next month. Just got our confirmation letter. (Kind of intimidated but we'll see how it goes!)

Then we're taking a break till the fall pretty much.

It's been a fun ride. Challenging at times but a lot of fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts