Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sweet 2 1/2 - 3 year old terrier mix (Sandy) was a rescue. I was told at her first vet visit that she had a very faint heart murmur, he wasn’t very concerned about it though. She’s up to date on shots and heartworm preventative meds.
She has packed on 3 pounds since we got her (weighs 28lbs), and we have cut her food intake over the past couple weeks to reverse it a pound or two.

I’ve noticed that often when she gets the zoomies, or we run with her a relatively short distance, she will be panting then stop to hack/dry heave. Just once or twice. Then she’ll calm down and relax, no more coughing. I’ve only had her for about 3 months, and I’m new to dog ownership. Wondering if anyone can explain this? Is it normal, or do you think it’s heart related? Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I think, if you have concerns, which is completely understandable, a visit to a cardiologist would be where you would be able to obtain the most accurate information, and an appropriate treatment plan, if necessary.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts