Dog Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

(Mods, please delete if not allowed!)

H360 (my agility handling system) is coming to an end, and my video has made it into the semi-finals!

I would really really like to get into the finals (the prizes are awesome!). If you guys could find it in your hearts to vote for me (Shandlyn) I would be very grateful! You can vote for two different videos, so watch them all if you want to!

Thanks in advance you guys - Levi and Heidi thank you!

Video Contest

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@PoppyKenna - That is the best thing ever. Totally unstalkerish (I hope) because I feel like I creeped your Instagram not that long ago?

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
@PoppyKenna - That is the best thing ever. Totally unstalkerish (I hope) because I feel like I creeped your Instagram not that long ago?
Haha, the internet is great, isn't it?

My mother brags that all she does on Facebook is stalk people - her friends do too!

I wish my instagram were more exciting; I should really post more pictures :)

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
I only watched your video and voted for it. I was won over by a few items but what got me was the fun both of you were having. Yes, I know there are many a trying moment which might test one's patience but I can easily see how your dog is motivated by the positive environment which you have maintained. It goes a long way as you know.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only watched your video and voted for it. I was won over by a few items but what got me was the fun both of you were having. Yes, I know there are many a trying moment which might test one's patience but I can easily see how your dog is motivated by the positive environment which you have maintained. It goes a long way as you know.
Thank you! Not only for voting, but it is my goal to have every training session be fun. I want my dogs to want to work with me, so I'm very pleased you saw that in us!

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Voted! I really do enjoy the little tidbit of laugh at mistakes with Heidi doing circles in the video! Lol.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Voted! I really do enjoy the little tidbit of laugh at mistakes with Heidi doing circles in the video! Lol.
Haha I removed the sound from the clip because I was going to use music, but I was laughing pretty hard in the video.

Reactions: jclark343

·
Premium Member
8,034 Posts
@Shandula

#1, I voted twice because I use my cell phone and computer... I hope that's not cheating...

#2, Your video makes me want to do H360- is it expensive? Did you use videos? How does it work?

#3, What program did you use to make the video?

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Shandula

#1, I voted twice because I use my cell phone and computer... I hope that's not cheating...
You're the best.

#2, Your video makes me want to do H360- is it expensive? Did you use videos? How does it work?
Well, yes and no. It is initially a pretty gigantic installment. I think it was like...1200 bucks or something? Which is a lot, but you have access for at least a year, so if you even only trained three days a week, that's like less than 10 bucks a day, which is pretty good.

Essentially it has six online "classrooms" that you can work your way through at your own pace. There is Puppy Skills, Prep School(a brief classroom that goes through a lot of her recaller games), Flatwork (Me and my dogs have spent almost the whole year here), Blueprint (start doing more handling moves), Triple Double (sequences with two tunnels and three jumps), and Coursework (Masters level courses from various competitions she has done).

There are videos of every lesson, that you watch and then work on. There are forums where you can ask questions, post videos and get feedback. It's pretty cool because you get to chat with Susan Garret, Lynda Orton-Hill, and lots of people who have taken H360 before.

#3, What program did you use to make the video?[/QUOTE]

iMovie. :)

Reactions: Aspen726

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
@Shandula, are you going to do H360 again next year? Or is it a do it once kind of thing?

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@jclark343 - I would love to do it again. It is going to depend on the price. They usually offer an alumni discount, so I'll be interested to see if it is much cheaper.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Voted!! Man your dogs are so cool!!!! I would love for Mia to learn but I don't have that kind of space :(
Thank you! I'm pretty biased, but I think they are pretty cute too. :p

You can do a lot of it initially with very minimal space! For more space we used to use my training space in my basement, but it is flooded right now...

So now we use my backyard, or sometimes I lug stuff to the park for lots of space.

Reactions: jclark343
1 - 17 of 17 Posts