Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I only know the sire's breed. A black pitbull whereas I have no idea whatsoever about the mom. Here is what Yogi looks like at 6 weeks. Do you think he'll be a bid dog, I noticed his paws aren't really big and that got me wondering if he would inherit his mother's size, but considering his age I think he's big lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
How big is his mom and how much does he weigh currently? At first glance he looks like he will be a medium to large dog, but it is very hard to tell with puppies this young.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will upload a photo of the mother later. And I don't know how much he weighs, I will also check this later. Thank you for your answer though!

·
Registered
145 Posts
He looks bigger than most of dogs of the same breed and he looks like he's very active and you have a big place I would suggest that you make him wear a dog gps tracker.

·
Banned
1,885 Posts
there's a helpful rule for predicting adult Sz / Wt

...unfortunately, he's too young for an accurate guesstimate.

For any breed or mix who will NOT reach giant size [125# & over by 2-YO], nor will the pup be an under-6# toy as an adult, double the pup's weight at 4-MO / 16-WO, & the result should be within 5# of their adult FIT weight; F-A-T weight can be as massive as U make it, so there's no limit on blimphood. :eek:

For pups who will be toy-sized or small adults, 6-WO wt x 4 should get U close to their adult-wt.

This pup won't be a toy-breed & will be at least as big as Mom-dog; but at 6-WO, it's a bit early to tell with accuracy. // I'd weigh him accurately now, & again at 8-WO when he's ready to leave Mum & sibs - to get some idea of how quickly he's growing.

various on-line calculators claim to predict adult wt from any pup-age, but i have no idea which - if any- are even sorta accurate. :(
The 4-mo doubling rule, tho, works great. :thumbsup:

- terry

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I have a 4 month old Golden Retriever puppy, and in just looking at the photos of your puppy and trying to compare his size with surroundings, he looks almost the size of my puppy.

I think my guy is going to be a little taller than many Goldens, just based on his size now, and that of his daddy. He could get to be 80 lbs.

The coloring on your dog and the smaller less boxy head, than what a Rottweiler might show, makes me think there might be some Doberman Pinscher in there, and they can get up to 80 to 100 pounds.

Stormy

·
Registered
478 Posts
I would guess about 70-80 pounds, but I'm only going on paw size, but so hard to tell from a photo when so young

·
Registered
31 Posts
He is very small to guess the height right now. But, he is growing well. So, we can think that it would grow to become a medium or a large dog breed. Though, images of the mother dog might help to guess the height of your puppy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts