Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I was hoping you all could help determine what my pup is! He's 3 1/2 months old. When I adopted him at 8 weeks, the shelter told me he might be a lab/ shepherd mix. However, we aren't seeing much shepherd. Instead we're pretty certain he has some hound in him- his nose is always glued to the ground! He has pretty flipping ears, but lately they've been trying to stick out to the side rather than straight down. We are thinking coonhound/ Doberman mix? Feel free to share your thoughts :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I seen him I immediately thought he has some hound in him. I think your suspicions are pretty close to what he might be. He is also still a puppy and his mix form will show more as he gets older. It also might not be to far off to assume some lab mix in there as well. The shepherd part I am not so sure on (he looks more houndish to me) but I guess you will never know unless you get his DNA tested.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Gorgeous! He looks like he could be my girl's brother. My 4 month old puppy is half Treeing Walker Coonhound and half Black lab. So, there may not even be a spot of Doberman in your puppy at all. But then again, you never really know. Definately hound though. and the slightly longer fur points toward lab IMO :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts