Dog Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This dog has been around for a couple years. Very skittish and afraid of people so probably been abused. She has adopted me, will eat food from my hand, occasionally lets me scratch her, loves to go for walks and will chase my car across town if I go slow enough. When I work in the area she stays right near. Has solid black/purple tongue, same color skin. Weird ugly dog. I'm thinking pug crossed with some kind of terrier, schnauzer, poodle? Her teeth are zig zag crooked,and lower jaw sticks out a bit, crooked curled tail.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,885 Posts
Another photo, please?

can U get a photo taken SIDE-on to her, with the camera level with the center of her chest?

The angle looking down at her steeply makes it hard to see proportions -
leg length to depth of chest, body-length to head size, etc.

I'm betting Chow-mix, but a better photo would be very helpful.
TIA,
- terry

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
"Very skittish and afraid of people so probably been abused."

Or she's just ferel SMH.

Looks like a terrier mix by the coat and face.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can U get a photo taken SIDE-on to her, with the camera level with the center of her chest?

The angle looking down at her steeply makes it hard to see proportions -
leg length to depth of chest, body-length to head size, etc.

I'm betting Chow-mix, but a better photo would be very helpful.
TIA,
- terry
She doesn't pose well, lol. She gets suspicious and nervous if I kneel down to try for a good picture. I wish I could upload a video I took on one of our walks. Definitely gives a much better view of her size and features. If I catch her taking a nap in the yard, I will post a pic of her dark skin, which is obvious on her belly and inside of legs.

·
Banned
1,885 Posts
fer sher Chow-chow...

... X with something with facial-furnishings [shaggy brows, 'stache, beard] & a curly wiry coat.

Schnauzer? - Airedale? - Wheaten? - Who knows?

Not conventionally pretty, but cleaned up, she'd be cute. // Needs a good stripping, & a bath, in that order. :p

JMO,
- terry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes she is a mess. Wish she'd settle down enough to get her cleaned up, but who knows if that will ever happen. The maintenance guy and I agree that she does grow on you. We both thought she was the ugliest dog in the world when she first showed up here, lol!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Dawwwww, from one crooked toofy pup to another, Mira says as long as she can crunch kibble, there's no problem here. :p

(& FWIW, my vet says that an under bite is less likely to become problematic than an overbite, but it's not a bad idea to keep an eye on the inside of the lower jaw to make sure the upper teeth aren't digging into the soft tissue and causing sore spots. I know that might not be an option with your gal since she's not too sure about people, just throwing the info out there.)

·
Registered
340 Posts
It always amazes me how resilient and forgiving dogs are. The scruffy pup in the original thread clearly hasn't had an easy life, and even though she's wary of people, she's still willing to learn to trust as demonstrated by her willingness to take food from @ferret13sj's hand, permit occasional skritches, and follows her human of choice around as much as she can. Given time and patience and care, I bet she'd be a sweetie. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts