Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guess the Breed

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  StormyPeak 
#1 ·
I have made this thread before but now since Bella is older Maybe it will be easier to tell her possible breed mixes.

Her mom was a Mini Poodle/Jack Russel Terrier Mix
We have no idea who dad is
We know there are multiple dads since NONE of the puppies looked alike and Bella is 11 pounds and one of her sisters are only about 5 pounds and looks like a tea cup chihuahua.

Here is her picture.
The vet believes she is Not part Rottweiler or Doberman due to her small size currently I was thinking min pin but shes so big for one and her legs are extremely long she has not filled out any and she is really tall and lean
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Poodles do carry the black and tan point coloring so that could be where your pup got the black and tan marking. (Even if mom didn't have that look, probably in the mom's tree farther back.

Black and tan points can happen in many breeds beside rotties and dobie pinchers. Some hounds carry the black and tan point genes. And there is no such thing as a tea cup chihuahua or tea cup anything. Tea cup was used for bark yard breeders and puppymills to make their dogs more 'special' sounding then the average.

That being said, the ears kind of remind me of a hound... I'm not sure which one though.

I think you have a parsons terroodle-hound. ^_^

Reactions: MrsCunningham
#7 ·
Poodles do carry the black and tan point coloring so that could be where your pup got the black and tan marking. (Even if mom didn't have that look, probably in the mom's tree farther back.

Black and tan points can happen in many breeds beside rotties and dobie pinchers. Some hounds carry the black and tan point genes...
All very good points, and along the lines I was thinking. There are black and tan Chihuahuas, too.

...And there is no such thing as a tea cup chihuahua or tea cup anything. Tea cup was used for bark yard breeders and puppymills to make their dogs more 'special' sounding then the average...
:thumbsup: Not to mention, 5 pounds is a normal size for a Chihushua. The breed standard says not to exceed 6 pounds.

...I think you have a parsons terroodle-hound. ^_^
Me, too, although I see more terrier & Schnauzer than hound.

#13 ·
A lot of dog breeds can be black and tan, also called black with tan points. Could be some Manchester Terrier in there. Looks kind of lakeland terrier in structure but the coat isn't right and the legs are a bit too long.

Now, generally black and tan dogs look like they have stepped in brown paint, with the brown going up on the insides of the leg a bit more than the outsides.

when I see a dog that has black running down so far on the outside of his legs and the tan so far up the insides and onto the belly, I associate that with hounds, especially tri-color hounds that are very heavy on the black and have hardly any white. Also your dog's tan points don't seem to be very 'rusty-red-brown' more just plain light brown.

I think your dog might have a bit of hound in him, but honestly it sounds like you probably have a multi-generational mutt on the mom's side which was 'best guess poodle x JRT and some multi-generational mutt mix that was hound x terrier x who knows what else that created your dog.

So call him a Heinze 57,

#18 ·
If it wasn't for the long legs I'd say look for dachshund, there's something daschundy about the head to me and they sure do come in black and tan. But that's no sausage! I don't think she's gonna get over 30 pounds. Dad might have been a bigger dog, you never know!

I'm not going to say minipin tho, they're also small dogs. I'll go out on a limb and say her PARTICULAR daddy might have been a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Pinscher dog like this! They're medium sized, smaller than dobies and bigger than minpins but with a very similar look, and she definitely inherited a fine head and short coat from somewhere besides mom's jack russel half!

#19 ·
Manchester terriers have that coloring and they are a bit less 'solid' than the min pins. Manchester terriers are small dogs. I had a dog named Shilo, who's dad had some Manchester terrier in him and the mom was an apricot colored poodle...Shilo had the same marking as the dog in the photo...but she had curly hair and was very small.

Also, unless the mom was a standard poodle there's no way for the dog to have dobbie or rotty as a daddy. :p

A schnauzer could have passed on those marking too, there are some black and brown ones out there.

Stormy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.