Dog Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
He's adorable! The coloration and shape of his face remind me a bit of German Shepherds I have seen. What does everyone else think?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think he has something from Belgian Shepherd Malinois. But his ears must be up, not down. That means that he has and something from another dog. Where did you take him from?

Look a photo of a malinois puppy...

·
Registered
59 Posts
German shep/lab mix Ive seen a lot of those mixes that look a lot like your pup.

Or Anatolian Shepherd Dogmix

Ive also seen boxer lab mixes

... I dont really she the sheperd or malinios head or snout. Because since both those breeds are very similar and they have long noses that end in a point (if thats a good discription) and your pup's is more short and stout. Hes got very large ears and that could be from the sheperd. But if you look at the Anatolian they have the largs ears... So he could be any thing really but I would say lab/shep mix. I could be wrong tho. JMO

·
Registered
60 Posts
What I dont see

I don't see the Tell Tail freckle of the German Shepperd, So this could possibly be a Belgium Shep... The ears can go up once the teething is done, lack of calcium. The feet do not look webbed, (mind you in the pic, its hard to tell) so I would take out lab or golden.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It will probably be easier to tell when he's done growing, but he sure is adorable!

·
Banned
32 Posts
A DNA test from DNA My Dog (google it). Personally I think he has alot of Belgian Shepherd in him. I own a purebred Belgian Malinois and he is a puppy pics of him. Then one if him now. The first one is of him at 8 weeks old, second one is about 6 months old and the last one is his stack picture which was taken today at almost 2 years old.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
SQUEEEE!!! Cute adorable puppy!!!

I agree -shepherd/lab mix (which varieties of each-hard to tell)

He's sooo cute!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you google anatolian shepherd puppy, he looks an awful lot like the images that come up, however, this breed is not very common, at least in the U.S, so i would guess shepherd mix. But i agree w/previous statements that it is hard to tell w/a puppy.

·
Banned
112 Posts
I say too young to give a definite answer.

But, if I had to guess I'd say it looks exactly like a black mouthed cur dog pup.

Not a mix.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts