Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
What a beautiful dog :),

I see german shepherd and husky and something else that I cant put my finger on at the moment.
Hopefully some one will be able to give you a better guess.

Reactions: purplesully

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha! I totally see the corgi too, now! That's really interesting. They say he's very friendly and walks well on leash. I can't wait to meet him!

In some pictures he looked to me like a malamute/chow... Other pics a Siberian husky or Kelpie. I also thought maybe Basenji? Again he weighs about 60/65... And husky, corgi, basenji, kelpie...these are all smaller to medium size. I wonder what the bigger part is! German shepherd mixed in would be great...I love their loyalty and protection!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He looks to have a double coat as well. His pigmentation is liver colored which should help with identification. Any other ideas? He's a mystery!!

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm not gonna lie, his facial structure in the middle picture looks similar to a collie to me, though I'm not sure how much of the rest of him looks like one. :)

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Schäfi/Spitzbreed...probably something nordic.
there could also some other herding breed in the mix. :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
He looks to have a double coat as well. His pigmentation is liver colored which should help with identification. Any other ideas? He's a mystery!!
Copper and light red huskies have liver pigment. GSD and huskies are double coatd. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Copper and light red huskies have liver pigment. GSD and huskies are double coatd. ;)
Hiya yes I know GSDs and huskies are double coated- I just wanted to mention another fact about him for anyone that maybe couldn't tell from the photos. However, that's good to know about copper and red huskies!

It seems GSD and husky and the general consensus. I see SOMETHING else though that I just can't place. The collie comment seems it could certainly be so. I am so excited to meet him!!! I will post more photos on Friday when I pick him up! :))

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Genetics are weird. They can combine weirdly and end up with features that may remind us of breeds that didn't actually go into the mix, or dogs may not look like one or either of their parents. Squash's mother is a 45# Alaskan husky who he looks absolutely nothing like.

Genetics are just weird.

·
Registered
547 Posts
sassafras is right about genetics. There could be several breeds that went into that gorgeous dog you're about to adopt.
Mauka's dad was a black colored Shepherd mix with upright ears, but she looks like a lighter version of her mom.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.