Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Bird Dog Cross with not sure. She is 17 years old (in people years). She had a growth come up on her side. Has anyone seen this type growth before and if so can I treat it at home?

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Seriously?
That needs to be seen by a vet ASAP. it could be a cyst or an infection of some kind but it could be a tumour and the longer you leave it the worse it is going to get.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seriously?
That needs to be seen by a vet ASAP. it could be a cyst or an infection of some kind but it could be a tumor and the longer you leave it the worse it is going to get.
So Sorry it has taken me so long to update. I couldn't figure out how to answer you. It actually started bleeding that same day. I took her to the VET. They removed it. It was a Fatty Tumor (So Far). They sent it off to be tested. She is doing amazing. Next week she gets her stitches out.

You must think I am awful. That thing like popped up over night. Anyway the
good thing is I also found out that at her age she is amazingly healthy. Heart, Kidneys, Lungs and so on are Great. Which is a blessing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you probably pay a visit to the nearest clinic ASAP, i think thats an infection

So Sorry it has taken me so long to update. I couldn't figure out how to answer you. It actually started bleeding that same day. I took her to the VET. They removed it. It was a Fatty Tumor (So Far). They sent it off to be tested. She is doing amazing. Next week she gets her stitches out.

You must think I am awful. That thing like popped up over night. Anyway the
good thing is I also found out that at her age she is amazingly healthy. Heart, Kidneys, Lungs and so on are Great. Which is a blessing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Im glad you got it seen by a vet and Im really happy for you and her that its isnt something awful.

Im sorry if I sounded harsh but I know how quickly things can go beyond help or finacial reach if left even a week before seeing a vet.

I hope you have many happy years together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts