Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog Hank is getting up there in age, about 9-10. I've noticed for a while now, that instead of his face greying with age, his whole body is greying. His once red coat is now faded. I've never seen something like this before and think it's quite interesting the way his fur is changing as he gets older. I'll try to get a picture so I can post a comparison form before to after.

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
My dog Hank is getting up there in age, about 9-10. I've noticed for a while now, that instead of his face greying with age, his whole body is greying. His once red coat is now faded. I've never seen something like this before and think it's quite interesting the way his fur is changing as he gets older. I'll try to get a picture so I can post a comparison form before to after.

My old boy was nearly solid black as a puppy, he had a bit of grey on the tips of his ears and paws but you had to look to see it. by age 5 he had a grey muzzle but was still overall black, the last years of his life I changed his color on his vet records to black and grey, by then his "mane" was solid grey as was his chest and rear end.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts