Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a retired racing greyhound be comfortable living with me in a 40' travel trailer (Trailer isn't going to be traveling anywhere) as long as he got lots of exercise in a large fenced yard?

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Yes. Greyhounds are happy to laze most of the day away as long as they're given a nice long run on a regular basis. Off leash. Fenced. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He would need proper exercise, so walks. He would need play, and training. Lots of time out of the trailor, and when he is in there it would be best for him to have a stuffed kong or other food puzzle.

How long would he be in there?
Why do you want him to live in there?
Yes, i would have lots of free time for playing/training with the dog.
I would want the greyhound to live in the trailer with me because that's where i would also be living year round.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Someone i know on another forum has 3 greyhounds and lives in large caravan. They tend to sleep/laze most of the time so if you've room for that they'd be fine. Many greyhounds live in apartments without a fenced garden which is ok as long as owner is happy to walk them more frequently for toilet trips, they don't need to run daily and can be tired out easily walking but its nice if there's somewhere fenced & safe for them to have a run about occassionally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.