Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself before I rush on over to the 'health' section :)

I am momma to a 9 month old (American) Akita puppy. He is a parvo surviver. He was in rough shape when we got him (at 9 weeks). He is now in a perfect condition! Lots of love, cuddles and scooby snacks! He's our 2nd Akita. Our last one was a Japanese. They are amazing dogs and I have worked on socializing him as soon as he was healthy. He loves all dogs and people. He's a lover, not a fighter :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome!!!! I have two Akitas and I love them to death. I will look forward to seeing more about your pup. My youngest puppy (8 months) was in pretty bad shape when I got him as well (10 weeks). He was backyard rescue with his 10 brothers and sisters.

Good luck with him! I am always excited when informed, intelligent owners get Akitas. We need more breed ambassadors and we need to show everyone that the reputation isn't warranted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello!

I totally agree. I get pretty tired of walking my boy and people saying to me, 'oh, he's an Akita, is he aggressive? I've even had people pet him and then ask me if he's a husky (he's pure white so not many people realize). Once I have informed them he's an Akita, people are shocked because he's so nice. I've had many breeds before (Samoyeds, GSD's, Malamutes) but Akita's are by far the best. You cannot beat their loyalty! I'd love to see more photos of yours!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts