Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
As a newbie in this forum I'd like to tell you a little about me. I live most of time near Vancouver, BC. Except for a couple of years here and there, I always had a dog (at some point 2) in my house. I grew up with one and just love them all.

At the moment, I have a lovely Collie X Border Collie young female... and she gives me lots of love, cuddles and run around... not to mention hair. But you see, the hair is not a problem... I brush her and keep the hair. This is why...

Many years ago, I had a Cocker-poo and his hair was sooooo nice and soft I decided to learn how to spin to use it. Well his hair didn't quite work... but I got hooked on spinning and didn't give up on dog hair. Since then, I have spun beautiful yarn with Golden Retriever, Pyrenees mountain dog, Chow-chow... just to name a few and of course now Collie's. I made quite a few garments - one of them is a winter coat with Golden Retriever hair that I still wear. It is very warm... and doesn't smell doggy as some people always ask. The only side effect is that I tend to lift my leg on lampposts ;) .

will come back to read you,
Good day to all

·
Registered
888 Posts
Greetings and Welcome!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts