Dog Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my mum leaves in nearly a day (considering its boxing day evening here as i post this and she leaves monday 28th december) to move to UK for her new job.

Its hard for all of us and its getting really emotional. Attached is a photo of Jessie disgusted and sulking at the suitcase on the bed watching me help mum pack it. Gosh 1 Jan will be exactly 4 months to the day i move to UK! blimey! Still to go through all my books which are heaps of mills and boons and more! kitchen pantry and few other things to do. btw on christmas day in Jess and charlie SS parcel was a christmas card for me! and my ss is so lovely and thoughtful and even said that they hope the move will be as easy as possible for me :) honestly ive re read the lovely message in the card many times already as its so lovely!

So here is what Jessie has to say about my mum leaving.

" Grandma is leaving me for good! ive been staying at grandma and grandads with mummy and today i saw a suitcase on grandmas bed and mummy helping her pack. I am most unhappy and disgusted that grandma is leaving me to move country. I really love my grandma and think the world of her. Everytime mummy says want to go to grandmas i perk up and run to the door. Now i wont see her but mummy tells me i will in 4 months time. I am just pulling a big sulk and unhappy about it.

Mummy tells me in four months time i will be going in my airline crate to fly to UK and grandma will be there to pick me up."

Attachments

Reactions: Tuckersmom

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Mum leaves today this afternoon to be precise and her last night with the family was ruined thanks to my brother who started it by telling me Jessie has issues( she only barked and she got this annoying habit at parents where she barks even when she been fed and others get fed but this time it was the fact she barked at something outside which she has picked up off the big dogs ozzy and charlie).

Oh and says my brother who wont even train cooper properly say he doesnt need training nad he training him himself he uses waiting for stay and wait. Cooper wont even listen or come back to him and more. cooper hasnt even been to puppy pre school or any training classes! so how can he say that about jess who had for just about years has gone from pup preschool done all the domestic obedience classes and got CGC foundation?

I got upset and was doing my best not to react all day and i accidentally reacted to him saying that by coming to Jessies defense as you naturally do. I pointed out she picked it up from the big dogs because thats the truth and he said i will give you truth and pointed to his wife aleisha going upstairs to say thats why she walks away from me and wont have anything to do with me! that was so low i walked out so upset. Apparently he was joking when he said Jessie has issues but to me it isnt a joke or anything to joke about and if i had said to him cooper has far more issues then Jessie oh boy would i get told off and a go at! but i didnt because i didnt want to ruin mums last night it ended up getting ruined anyway though.

Also i know thats its difficult for my brother not seeing mum again for 7 months then maybe ever again or at least for years but he and his wife keep pointing out im seeing mum again in 4 months. Yes i am but it doesnt make it any easier for me 4 months without her will be difficult and torture esp given dad and i past voliatile relationship. Ive got to do my best to get on with dad never mind brother and sister in law for 4 months with no falling out no arguments im terrified because we dont always get on and what support am i going to get from them to get through this especially after last night?

They honestly need to live my life with all my disabilities to fully understand me but that isnt possible. 4 months without my mum is going to be torture and very difficult. i did go home early with my bags and suitcase and dad stayed to talk to me knowing my past history with OD it was right thing to do and he was fantastic. i dont want mum to go and i dont want to say goodbye for 4 months im so nervous and scared about it all! i hope i dont get depressed.

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i later came back once brother and SIL left and stayed the night and here is Jessie with me great comfort she is.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
I know it'll be extremely hard, but you will get through it. Keep yourself busy during the day so that you'll have less time to miss her and you'll have less alone time with your brother. I'd also set up a time with your mom for y'all to video chat every day or every couple days, or talk on the phone, so that you'll have something to look forward to.

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know it'll be extremely hard, but you will get through it. Keep yourself busy during the day so that you'll have less time to miss her and you'll have less alone time with your brother. I'd also set up a time with your mom for y'all to video chat every day or every couple days, or talk on the phone, so that you'll have something to look forward to.
I not much left to do at home to sort out now but going to attempt a course every thursday for 12 week starting 14th Jan. If house doesnt sell privately goes on market and could do without that so lets hope it sell before the 15th Jan and i can stay there where i am till mid april so that i only have two weeks to live with dad brother and SIL and i will be home with 4 dogs once we all move into dads. Even they arent looking fowards to it. Hoping brother will apologise to me today but not getting hopes up.

The four months will fly by. Hang on in there.
I sure hope so. funny thing is i feel only my dogs in my NZ family atm only understand me. Even Jess followed me upstairs and on the bed with me whilst type this because since last night she has clocked whats happening and how raw and sensitive my emotions and feelings are that she didnt even go to parents bed last night till this morning! Im so lucky to have understanding friends on here and people who understand me and my dogs.

Doing my best to hang in there but i keep bursting into tears when i dont want to and my emotions are all over the place :( night time wil be the worst because i usually see mum in evenings in weekdays

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
aaww jesse is so cute. I´ve moved internationally myself and it is very hard but worth it and your moving to Carlisle? or am I misremembering? I´ve been there its beautiful!

There were times when I wished for nothing more than to go back home (I was 14 and not coping with the move) but now that I am back home I am homesick for the UK.

It takes a long time to settle but you will have your mum and you will have jesse to help you through. Every life experience is a mixture of good and bad and some days will be really hard and others wonderful.

I liked the experience so much that I am planning to move internationally again but probably not to the UK because the UK is too much like a home to me. I think I need to go through the stress and challenge of a new place again, if not for enjoyment then personal growth.

Reactions: crazy

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aaww jesse is so cute. I´ve moved internationally myself and it is very hard but worth it and your moving to Carlisle? or am I misremembering? I´ve been there its beautiful!

There were times when I wished for nothing more than to go back home (I was 14 and not coping with the move) but now that I am back home I am homesick for the UK.

It takes a long time to settle but you will have your mum and you will have jesse to help you through. Every life experience is a mixture of good and bad and some days will be really hard and others wonderful.

I liked the experience so much that I am planning to move internationally again but probably not to the UK because the UK is too much like a home to me. I think I need to go through the stress and challenge of a new place again, if not for enjoyment then personal growth.
hey!

yeah she is very cute too cute at times. Your correct. Just told dad you said carisle is beautiful he says well it was till the floods! Hope mum can find a place to rent there though especially since jess and I to live with her and dad dont know for how long.

gosh 14? Teenage years were worst for me personally. I had no choice at 11 year old well three weeks off 11th birthday to emigrate over here and nearly 20 years later move back! But with Jessie this time as well.

Im home sick awful lot for UK especially when I go see family abd get back here.

took me till 20 year old to settle here but now can't wait for the last seven years here to leave behind me. Yeah will miss dogs bro and aleisha and any kids they have(hopefully not for few years lol).

Where in UK did you live and may i ask how old you are now? What also prompted you to move to uk out intrest? Pm me if don't feel comfortable replying to it on here.

Have you all heard or seen on news lancashire floods?

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We off to take mum to airport. She heartbroken saying bye to all the dogs especially Charlie even I had tears rolling down my face. Update you all later
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
661 Posts
We off to take mum to airport. She heartbroken saying bye to all the dogs especially Charlie even I had tears rolling down my face. Update you all later
Posted via Mobile Device
Safe journey to your mum. This must be so hard for her. She is in my thoughts.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I'm sorry it's so rough. You'll all be in my thoughts.

Skype or some other video chat is a good idea. You could also send postcards or letters back and forth if postage isn't too expensive; it's rare to get paper mail anymore and it's always a nice touch.

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cant reply to you all atm as absolutely devastated having to let her go hardest thing to do. Crying non stop. We not lomg left her and drove out airport.

The move is so real now mum left. Just got really lovely text off her making me and my family burst into more tears
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@crazy, a big old hug for you.
Thank you so much! Big hugs back to you. We stopped on way home to a shop for sister in law so we just getting home to dogs who no doubt very hungry especially Jessie. 4 50pm so ten min away from feed time fot dogs

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When mum was saying goodbye to charlie i cried as its her last time ever to say goodbye charlie was so sweet he just licked her and kept wagging his tail non stop and lay there enjoying the cuddles. it was heart breaking though to watch. It was heart breaking enough to hug her goodbye at airport and i couldnt watch her go through the international depature gate at all i had to walk away and turn away. I said its real now then in the car i said its going to be difficult leaving those two behind indicating matthew and aleisha never mind the dogs and burst into tears. Aleisha found a box of tissues in mums car i hadnt seen before and handed me the box. As dad drove away (never mind walked out the airport) we were all crying and sniffling.

Oh gosh why does life have to throw such difficult challenges our way like that? i now can appreciagte how it was and felt for my UK family when we emigrated here from UK which in July will be 20 years ago. Absolutely heart breaking and devastating and hard.

I am so thankful for all the support everyone! it means the world to me Jessie and charlie. Especially me. My mum may not have died but i still wont see her for 4 months and going to her and dads house will be so painful without her there so used to her being there. I have to say how strong tough and brave she is walking away from the family esp her estranged daughter(my sister) and her grandkids that takes super power if you ask me.

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How sweet is this? not got any of charlie atm but will get a pic of him tommorow. she looks so sweet and cute does Jessie in this pic.

Attachments

Reactions: StormyPeak and Rain

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
After i posted the pic of Jessie i felt nauseous had bit of headache and tired. So at 7pm Jess and i went to bed around 7 30pm i think it was i went further down in covers so i could snuggle up to Jessie and later on around 10pm i woke up still in that position. Went to find my hydrocortisone cream as had some heat rash and itchy from the hot weather and then fell asleep after applying it to my arms. Jess hasnt left my side bless her heart.

If i moved whilst she was in her bed she would jump up and get out to follow me i went upstairs to use bathroom and she stood there looking sad with tail down(before went bed) it was a sight i shall not forget. However sad she is she didnt forget to wake me at 8 30am for her breakfast :)

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm sorry it's so rough. You'll all be in my thoughts.

Skype or some other video chat is a good idea. You could also send postcards or letters back and forth if postage isn't too expensive; it's rare to get paper mail anymore and it's always a nice touch.
Thanks. its rough but dad and i are going to do our best to support each other. We are lost sheeps not knowing what to do and actually spent some time with each other today. he took me to capital gateway to ezibuy to see if i can find this top ive been dying to get from NEXT a uk brand but musta sold out as the clothes were half price!

Well had some pants in mind i wanted to so i went into ballentynes and tried them on and got them perfect fit! had xmas money you see. i think dad thought id take forever so he sat down lol.

Then we went to waterfront in the city to take pics of the beautiful sea it was georgeous color and so still. Im treating you all to a picture of it. I will miss seeing it and @spotsonobun please be honest and tell me if carisle has anything like this? or anything better then this pic of wellington harbor?

okay i admit to saying look what a georgeous day it is here on a hot sunny day!
view from parents middle bedroom on boxing day . That middle room get most sun and you could honestly if it werent for all the windows from top to bottom sun bathe nude in that room and get burnt or a lovely tan its that hot in that room!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Beautiful pics and Charlie looks so handsome.

Jess is such a sweet girl!

I'm glad that you and your dad are supporting each other, and hope that your mom had a safe and easy trip.

Reactions: crazy
1 - 20 of 48 Posts