Dog Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yeah, I put Manna on raw originally to help her gain weight and it worked, so this doesn't surprise me lol.

It's more digestible and I've noticed that the recommended 3% of body weight for feeding is a bit on the high side unless you're doing a lot of strength and endurance work like jouring 5 days a week or something like that.

Manna needs less than 2% a day or she gets fat (1.8% now that I brought out my calculator) and Vitae...well her's is changing up a lot (growing puppy crazy)

I gave up on keeping track of total weight percentiles, I just add or take away ounces until body condition and poop looks right.

edit: cat related but my cat on raw gets almost double of what's recommended because of her pre-existing health issues cause her to lose weight like crazy and because of her liver issues the vet wants her slightly above optimal weight for when those starving moments happen again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.