Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lab is sheding alot. Ihave 3 different brushes. None of them seem to get the hair out. I usually run my hands down her back which help push the hair out. But i would like a brush. So does anyone know of a good undercoat brush/comb that i can get? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
The different articles that I'm reading say the Furminator and Kong ZoomGroom are your best bet for reducing shedding and getting the shed undercoat out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Maybe you should pay attention to his food, right food can reduce the hair.
And regular grooming is need. I recommend MIU PET deshedding Tool, it works well with my dog.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feed her 4 health grain free large breed dog food, which my vet said was a pretty good food. I definitely so regular grooming but with the combs i have dont seem to get the hair out. Ive been looking at the furminator so ill probably get that. But i will also look into the MIU, never heard of that.

·
Registered
713 Posts
IMPO I would avoid the furminator at all costs. What brushes are you currently using and how often are you brushing, also how often do you bathe your pup?

For a Lab coat I would use an undercoat rake over the entire body, focusing on any areas with clumps of hair shedding out. Then I would follow that up with a greyhound comb and line brush the entire dog. And for finishing touch I would use a damp cloth or hound glove to pick up any of the leftover wisps of hair. Since labs shed so much, I would do that at least weekly. Ideally I would also do a monthly bath with a power sprayer and dry with a high power blow dryer.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have like 4 or 5 different brushes thats ive got from.various places, tractor supply, walmart, pet store. I bathe her once a month, sometimes twice if she played in the dirt somewhere. And i brush/hand groom 2-3 times a week

1 - 6 of 6 Posts