Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My guinea pig had some celery,lettuce,one strawberry,two carrots and a tiny bit of radish. Is that a good dish?

·
Registered
547 Posts
My guinea pig had some celery,lettuce,one strawberry,two carrots and a tiny bit of radish. Is that a good dish?
The number one dietary concern with Guinea pigs is vitamin C.
The first one I had was a rescue, and it was blind because it's previous owner had no idea that they need vitamin C.
Vitamin c tablets in the water bottle are a good way to supplement the diet, or you can give them oranges without the peel. My guinea pigs always loved the oranges. :)
Other than that, I'd say it sounds good. Check his droppings for diarrhea, and give him pellets if he has it. Good luck :) :thumbsup:

·
Banned
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh,he does have some vitamin c drops for his water,he only had that bit of stuff for a snack :D
The number one dietary concern with Guinea pigs is vitamin C.
The first one I had was a rescue, and it was blind because it's previous owner had no idea that they need vitamin C.
Vitamin c tablets in the water bottle are a good way to supplement the diet, or you can give them oranges without the peel. My guinea pigs always loved the oranges. :)
Other than that, I'd say it sounds good. Check his droppings for diarrhea, and give him pellets if he has it. Good luck :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Here's a list of foods you can give your guinea pig

Diet - Guinea Pigs - Our pets

I give my Guinea pig, William chopped kale as well as celery , carrots and a couple of fine green beans . he likes a little piece of apple and he has a run on the lawn so he can nibble the grass.
he has timothy hay as well .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to everybody! I hear for the first time that guinea pigs eat strawberries. My piggies love carrots and lettuce, this almost the only two products I have to give them all the time. Occasionally, they eat some special dry food for rodents, also some apples and cucumbers. Is it enough them? Maybe I should give them something else as well? I’ve read on petsoid about different variety of foods that they can eat? Do you give them something from that list? If yes, what do you give? It would be very kind of you if you share with me.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Do not feed your Guinea Pig iceberg lettuce, potatoes, avocado, and cabbage. U can feed your Guinea Pig Apples, Blueberries, Bananas, Melon, Apricots, Strawberries, Pears and Cherries..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts