Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My guinea pig had some celery,lettuce,one strawberry,two carrots and a tiny bit of radish. Is that a good dish?

·
Registered
547 Posts
My guinea pig had some celery,lettuce,one strawberry,two carrots and a tiny bit of radish. Is that a good dish?
The number one dietary concern with Guinea pigs is vitamin C.
The first one I had was a rescue, and it was blind because it's previous owner had no idea that they need vitamin C.
Vitamin c tablets in the water bottle are a good way to supplement the diet, or you can give them oranges without the peel. My guinea pigs always loved the oranges. :)
Other than that, I'd say it sounds good. Check his droppings for diarrhea, and give him pellets if he has it. Good luck :) :thumbsup:

·
Banned
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh,he does have some vitamin c drops for his water,he only had that bit of stuff for a snack :D
The number one dietary concern with Guinea pigs is vitamin C.
The first one I had was a rescue, and it was blind because it's previous owner had no idea that they need vitamin C.
Vitamin c tablets in the water bottle are a good way to supplement the diet, or you can give them oranges without the peel. My guinea pigs always loved the oranges. :)
Other than that, I'd say it sounds good. Check his droppings for diarrhea, and give him pellets if he has it. Good luck :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Here's a list of foods you can give your guinea pig

Diet - Guinea Pigs - Our pets

I give my Guinea pig, William chopped kale as well as celery , carrots and a couple of fine green beans . he likes a little piece of apple and he has a run on the lawn so he can nibble the grass.
he has timothy hay as well .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts