Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
An empty plastic bottle is usually a hit, but I'd not leave her alone with it, as she could chew off/swallow bits. (take off the lid and the little ring on top first)

Cardboard tubes from a paper towell roll are also usually fun.

An old leather glove... again, under supervision only...

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I tie soft pieces of material in a knot.

I would leave her alone with the cardboard tube, Cassy chews them. And them we cann't get it away from her, end up chasing her through the house. But she likes them. :)

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
a flirt pole is a homemade toy that takes a bit more to make, but is a GREAT energy burner for dogs

YouTube - Flirt pole Action (Dirty Larry) 8 wks old

YouTube - domino on the flirt pole and how i built mine

and just about ANYTHING can be used to play this training game
http://www.anunlimitedlife.com/101_Things_To_Do_With_A_Box.pdf

this is a FANTASTIC game to play to build both your skills as a trainer, and the dog's skills as a trainee, burns off lots of "thinking" energy :)

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I LOOOOOVE FLIRT POLES! They are awesome!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the AMAZING feedback!! im definatly trying the flirt pole idea, not so sure on the toilet roll, shes demolishing every toy :p we've already put some knots an like, a soft rope and she loves that.
ill try the plastic bottle idea too :) shes been after my water bottle for a while now :p
oh and tess, thanks for the hotdog idea for a treat! she LOVES them!!! we're using them for toilet training, and shes getting it :) almost no accidents today, and shes only been here 2 nights :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
I take old pieces of cloth and braid them and get a homemade braid toy. For dogs that rip things up fast, you could try thinner rope. Here is a picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
I woldn't let her play with old socks, shoes, gloves, etc.
Keep in mind that she does not know and never will be able to differentiate between "old" and "new" ...and you might not be happy if she gets hold of one of your expensive new pair...

The empty water bottle is a hit with mine as well, just, as was said, remember to remove the lid, plastic ring and label before giving it to her, and keep an eye on her all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts