21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Crock just got the EzyDog one, and ZoesMom has the Hurtta I believe. You could ask them about it. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I saw the Y and and I am concerned she will be able to slip to Y harness. I need one where the belly strap lands right behind her front legs..
I think I am going to start another thread on this in the clothing section..

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't know too much about jogging (thanks to a leg injury I can't run) but I'm an avid hiker. I go as often as I can. I have the roamer and it's a really nice lead for hiking because of the ability to grab it right by them. You might like hiking with your dogs but if you go on a well beaten trail other people do not! Plus they're really durable. Admittedly we usually tuck hers into the back of her pack when we're hiking.

Another thing is it's good to have a pack for them while you're hiking. I tried all sorts and I had the best luck with the mountainsmith dog pack. It didn't sit too far down on her back (which is really important when hiking with dogs when they carry their own supplies.) Ruffwear has a couple of packs too but they sit funny on my dog at least. We tried them on at the store and the medium was too small and the large was too big! If you do go with ruffwear go with the Palisades because it rides closer to their shoulders and chest not their back but I don't like the straps and the sizes are really touchy.

We found it makes the hike so much better when they're carrying their own supplies. It also makes them more goal orientated because they have a mission. Our dog has the tendency to take off out of curiosity which is bad when we want to have a nice calm hike. I don't want to always have to call after her because she's taken off into the woods to see what that noise just now was. But when the pack goes on she knows it's serious time for a hike-hike and will stay right at our side.

We also bought the pack originally because we went on a week and a half hike. So it was somewhat important she be able to take her own food and treats and water. So if you're just always going for day hikes it might not be so important but even if you just put their treats in the bag it's one less thing you have to carry and worry about! When we go for a day hike I usually put two bottles of water, one on each side, her collapsible bowl and her bag of treats so it's not that full and not that heavy.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts