Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone I am new here. This would be my first post. I am a bit heartbroken right now I have an eight-year-old husky her name is Kayla. She is a beautiful loving happy dog. She's been acting kind of funny lately. Took her to the vet to find out that when she was neutered not everything was removed. She still has her fallopian tubes. They are badly infected. Infection has gone through her body a good bit now. She's on some pretty heavy medication. Going on day eight of her not eating anything. She has been drinking water. The vet said he wanted to try to calm down the infection before operating on her. She is so weak at this point she can barely even stand up. My job takes a considerable amount of time. I feel like a bad owner maybe I missed something and now my poor dog is sick. Very sick. I'm just looking for other things I can possibly do. Any ideas? Thank you all for your time. This really sucks. mad at myself right now:mad:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Maybe get a second opinion from a different vet. If she has an infection in the tubes they need to come out. Waiting is just making her sicker it sounds. I've had two cats with pyometra, infection in the uterus and they operated within days. Waiting is only going to make it worse I'd think. For feeding try everything and anything. Cooked meat is normally a hit with my guys. Also try to get some pedialyte into her to help with hydration and electrolytes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm so sorry for Kayla. And I agree with annageckos - waiting for her infection to calm down doesn't seem to be doing her any good. I'd try a second opinion, too. And don't be mad at yourself, that won't help your puppy. Just focus all your energy in trying to make her feel better, even if it's just by being beside her.

I hope she gets better soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts