Dog Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
I have a poodle named Jenna.
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a poodle and she love sleeping with me but I don't like it as much as she does, does anybody have good bed ideas for her? I want her to have a great sleep at night but just not on my bed.
Any ideas I would love!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thank you so much! I definitely want her sleeping next to me! any good stores were I can buy one?

·
Super Moderator
4,453 Posts
I'm in the uk so I can't recommend anything, but my dog has a memory foam bed and very soft, long pile fleece blankets. In hindsight, it would have cost me less to buy a memory foam pillow if that is something you are interested in trying. You can put the memory foam pillow into a cheap-ish dog bed. And it has the added benefit of being able to use pillowcases that match your decor and are easy to wash.

·
Registered
Z, Rescue Mutt
253 Posts
If she's not a chewer, you can find a variety of bed types at stores like petsmart and petco, as well as walmart, target, and more. Just look for one that's either washable or has a removable and washable cover.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If she's not a chewer, you can find a variety of bed types at stores like petsmart and petco, as well as walmart, target, and more. Just look for one that's either washable or has a removable and washable cover.
Okay I'll look at the stores soon thank you so much!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay I found one but I need your guys suggeston on it her it is:

I haven't bought it yet I just wanted your guys input on it.

·
Registered
Z, Rescue Mutt
253 Posts
Is it washable? And, although your dog isn't a chewer, it's probably best not to leave her alone with the pillows

·
Super Moderator
4,453 Posts
Since I don't have a dog (yet!) I can't personally reccomend anything, however I have heard really good things about the Calming Dog Beds for Better Health | Best Friends by Sheri. Your dog might like this one since it mimics cuddling.
I actually bought one of these (not from this supplier) and I'm afraid I was really disappointed. The filling was so thin you could touch through to the hard floor with a finger. There may be better quality ones, although mine wasn't cheap, but it has taught me never to buy a bed that I can't feel for myself.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Oh ok, I haven't had personal experience it was just through word of mouth. Well now I know not to get this bed in the future. Which model did you get since there are multiple?

·
Super Moderator
4,453 Posts
Timber has a day bed downstairs that was made by a company called Wainwright's, I think they are only in the UK. Upstairs he has a bed with a memory foam pad which gives him good support. He is quite small though so depending on what kind of dog you get, a memory foam pillow might be a lot more reasonable in cost.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'll be getting a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, so I'll look into what you said. The OP has a mini poodle and they are relatively small. I've heard of Wainright's but I'm not very familiar, looking at their products, they look really high quality though. I think you can get them in the U.S, but not directly through their website. @TMpoodles, what bed do you have now?

·
Registered
687 Posts
You could try Amazon because they have multiple reviews of all the products and if you read the reviews you will find out more about the product. Or, what I prefer to do, is buy the bed in person. That way I can feel the fabric, make sure it has a zipper cover, feel exactly how much fill is in it, and so on. Petsmart, Costco, are places for that.

I have also made my own dog beds. It's relatively simple to do.
and,
One time I got a bed from Costco the right size with a zipper cover that I liked. But it was not padded as full as I wanted, so I simply bought a big pillow from a goodwill store, discarded the cover, and used the filling inside (which was perfectly clean) to add more to the bed until it was how I wanted it to be. It's easy to do. Just open up the lightweight bag inside, stuff more in, and sew or pin it back together, and replace the cover.
You can also buy the filling in any craft or fabric store.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you all I will look into them for sure! @JJ❤cavaliers I don't have a bed for her she was just sleeping with me but then I moved so I thought it was time for her to have a bed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts