Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe that this one thought it was just stealing a toy that had escaped from his/her collection..LOL

I bet there are a ton of funny stories about dogs out there.....Maybe we should have a separate section dedicated to the funny things that dogs do.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oh golden retrievers, you can never get enough of them!
.Maybe we should have a separate section dedicated to the funny things that dogs do.
That is honestly a good idea, and I would get my daily dose of cute and funny! I've heard a lot of crazy stories about retrievers doing similar things.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My golden, Milo, had a 'thing' for shoes. Sometimes in the morning, while his Dad was still in bed, he would pick up his Dad's shoe and take it outside and leave it in the yard somewhere. When his Dad got up, he would ask Milo 'Where is my shoe?' Milo would stand looking at him, a 'smile' on his face, tail wagging appearing to have no clue what his Dad was talking about. Then I would say to Milo - 'Milo, where is Dad's shoe?' and he would immediately trot to the door, go out and get the shoe and bring it back in, then stand in front of his Dad, tail wagging furiously, shoe in his mouth, clearly saying 'Look what I found!!' (and perhaps thinking- 'I have no idea why you left it out there!' ) then drop the shoe at his Dad's feet.
He loved to sleep with my shoes, when he had the opportunity, he would take a shoe, (sometimes a pair of them), off to where he was going to nap. When I needed my shoes, after realizing they were not where I left them, I would ask Milo 'Where is my shoe?' and he would trot off to where he had been sleeping and bring back the shoe, if he had taken both, then I would ask him 'Where is the other one?' and he would trot off, and return with the other one - which of course, (more often than not) resulted in a good walk.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My now 2 yr old Golden used to have a thing for rolls of toilet paper. During the TP shortage last year she was at her worst and would grab and shred an entire roll in seconds. :eek: She knew exactly how to open the cupboard where I stashed the TP.

Even when I caught her in the act, it was hard to discipline her as I couldn't keep a straight face while ROFL......... at her antics.

Now she doesn't go after TP but has a thing for dish rags. She leaves them alone while I am in the kitchen; but after I leave, I always find the ones that she finds and brings to the doorstep of whatever room that I am in. She is very stealthy when she is stealing things, and I swear is well aware of what she is up to.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My lab mix, Joseph, has a 'taste' for t-tissue - no meal is complete without 'dessert' - a few squares. If I neglect to give him his 'dessert' he would sit in the bathroom, whining and moaning, sometimes give a frustrated 'woof' - letting me know I had been shirking my 'duty' to provide him his dessert.
He used to shred the roll when it was on the holder, so I put it up on the towel bar, (thinking it would be out of reach) - being a professional counter surfer that didn't slow him down for long - he would take the whole roll and chew it up. He did stop stealing the roll, or at least he waited until it was 'appropriately' empty (just a few sheets left) then take it for his own. (I can live with that!)
If you are going to live with a retriever, a sense of humor is a 'must'!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My lab mix, Joseph, has a 'taste' for t-tissue - no meal is complete without 'dessert' - a few squares. If I neglect to give him his 'dessert' he would sit in the bathroom, whining and moaning, sometimes give a frustrated 'woof' - letting me know I had been shirking my 'duty' to provide him his dessert.
He used to shred the roll when it was on the holder, so I put it up on the towel bar, (thinking it would be out of reach) - being a professional counter surfer that didn't slow him down for long - he would take the whole roll and chew it up. He did stop stealing the roll, or at least he waited until it was 'appropriately' empty (just a few sheets left) then take it for his own. (I can live with that!)
If you are going to live with a retriever, a sense of humor is a 'must'!
My Lab/Border Collie cross has a taste for ANYTHING..and I do mean ANYTHING! :LOL::ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

·
Registered
K9
89 Posts
I believe that this one thought it was just stealing a toy that had escaped from his/her collection..LOL

I bet there are a ton of funny stories about dogs out there.....Maybe we should have a separate section dedicated to the funny things that dogs do.

Haha that's funny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts