Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, im coming here for advice or maybe just to vent...my sister got a dog because after our mom died because she was staying in another state alone and ig she wanted company but now we live together and her one year old boxer doesn’t respect me , in fact my body is covered in scratches and bruises because of him. He thinks im his playmate and it’s annoying honestly . He begs for table food because she gives it to him so we never ever can have a family meal without him excessively barking nonstop because he is butt hurt over human food. He pees and poops on the carpet 24/7 . It stinks in here to me no matter how much she shampoo the carpet . He sheds everywhere & I break out if his hair gets on me .. i just never feel clean . I cant walk in my own house barefooted without stepping into a warm piss spot. Im fed up and she works in a profession where she work 14 hour shifts so she barely has time for him .. like if i wanted to clean up poop all day I would have been a dog catcher . I dont know how much longer i can put up with this honestly. Im starting to resent him alot. I would never get a dog bc its too much responsibility & i get very angry fast
B9605BDC-336B-4DD8-BBC0-874F735C5B12.jpeg im very high yellow btw so not a good luck on me in public ..

·
Super Moderator
1,272 Posts
I think you need to have this conversation with your sister.

If the dog is toileting indoors, it's because he isn't being taken outdoors enough. If your sister can't do that, is there anyone else who can?

The problems you have listed can all be resolved. But it would take some time and effort. Instead of using you as a play thing, he probably needs more walking and to be taught more appropriate play. If your sister can't do that, are you prepared to? If not maybe he should be rehomed to a more suitable family.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

If the dog is toileting indoors, it's because he isn't being taken outdoors enough. If your sister can't do that, is there anyone else who can?

The problems you have listed can all be resolved. But it would take some time and effort. Instead of using you as a play thing, he probably needs more walking and to be taught more appropriate play. If your sister can't do that, are you prepared to? If not maybe he should be rehomed to a more suitable family.
Honestly i love the dog but I would have never gotten one because i dont want that responsibility.. I honestly don’t see her having time to train him or anything & he’s a boxer so training them is a piece of work.. she knows all of these things im expressing and how i feel. Idk what more does she want. He breaks out of his cage and literally destroys the house if we aren’t home.... she doesn’t show any signs of getting rid of him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Also he doesn’t go out much like that because its either late when she returns home or if i take him he pulls me and takes forever to do business..so I understand why he is the way he is and it’s honestly not his fault but it’s becoming a bit much

·
Super Moderator
1,272 Posts
I think you need to discuss with your sister rehoming him to a family who has the time and commitment to exercise and train him.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Poor dog. I dont think you should resent him as much as your sister. If she were mine she would feel the toe of my boot in her backside PDQ..

This is not fair on the dog its not his fault he is toiletting in the house because A/ he hasnt been taught not to and B/ he is not being taken out . Both of those things are human responsibilty to teach him he wont pluck training out of thin air.

Destructive behaviour.. hes bored out of his skull.. he needs more stimulation and because he isnt getting it hes acting out...
His shedding? most likely bad diet and a lack of grooming, yeah even short haired breeds need grooming..

Using you as a plaything , again hes bored and he is doing his best to tell you that like a kid pulling at moms apron or dads pant he is saying please play with me ..

Talk to your sister , show her these answers if its easier... But get that dog the loving family he deserves.

This cannot carry on like this each day that passes you and your sister are making the situation worse and lessening his chance at a good home,

·
Registered
435 Posts
Either she needs to take her responsibility and take care of him properly or she needs to find him a new home. There’s no way around that. Keeping him like this is not fair to the dog and it’s not what he deserves.

What does she say if you ask her why she think it’s fair to keep a dog which you won’t take any responsibility for? These problems are not because he’s a bad dog it’s because he’s put in a bad situation. The dog is acting as expected, considering the circumstances. All the problems you’re experiencing are fixable, but not in this situation. It’s really the situation that needs to be fixed, not the dog.

What she needs to realize is that this dog needs hours of activity every day, long walks every day, training and activity which allows him to be the working dog he’s bred to be. If she can’t offer him that then it’s not right to keep him, simple as that. What does she say about the situation herself? Does she think it’s a good situation for the dog, that he’s happy living like this? Would be interesting to hear why she thinks she should keep the dog.

I understand that it might be a hard decision for your sister to rehome him, but if she truly cares about him she will realize that he deserves a home which provides him the proper amount of time, exercise and training

1 - 7 of 7 Posts