Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting a couple of goats next spring and was wondering if goat milk is ok to give dogs? As far as I've read it seems to be pretty good for them but just wanted to hear everyone's opinions? I was thinking of getting a couple Nigerian Dwarf does or doelings :D

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
You can give it to me! I'm allergic to cow milk proteins so I use goat milk (because almond, soy, etc. just isn't milk) and it is SO TASTY. When I make myself a latte I give the leftover foam to Kabota and he loves it and it never seems to upset his tummy.

·
Registered
722 Posts
My dogs go bananas for goats milk. Milked out a doe the other day for a kid, dogs got the leftovers. They must have smelled the diffs cause they didn't act like they do when it's cow's milk. They couldn't wait. ?

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
I know they use it as a substitute for babies when the mother isn't lactating, so I would imagine it would be fine for adults as well.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dogs love it, my neighbors used to bring it over all the time. I used it on my cereal and gave some to each dog like a quarter cup. They are just switching over to Earthborn Primitive Nature chow and for a treat daily they get coconut oil. They should have the best skin and coats ever soon lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm not a big fan of milk, any kind of milk, just because it reminds me of milk(I have like a minor phobia of it), but I actually love the taste of goat's milk. I'd never thought of giving any to my dog. I'll have to try that some time.
Trader Joe's sells goat's milk yogurt which is pretty much some of the best yogurt ever, tastes great w marmalade especially. I bet dogs would love that too.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 6 of 6 Posts