Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
you are so lucky to get a puppy! i've already limited myself with my next rescue, bc i want an old dog next (i just see so many of them passed up at the shelters) plus i'm not home during the day for house breaking.
he is so big now! do you have any pics of him standing up?

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ah yes puppies are a handful, we aren't comfy adopting an older dog due to the ferrets...kind of sketchy there, and Harvick...we would HAVE to do a female if we did any.

I will look when I get home for stand up pics, I know I have gotten some but not of him looking at me lol. he sits when I have the camera on

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
my worry is my cats....but that's why i try to get the dog from a foster home w cats so i have an idea of how it'll do (that's what i did w clover anyway)
hopefully though, one day when i'm all growed up i can get a real live baby puppy!!!

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
I cant wait to see how big he is going to get. :eek: We don't know if hes mixed with anything right?

my worry is my cats....but that's why i try to get the dog from a foster home w cats so i have an idea of how it'll do (that's what i did w clover anyway)

god I have been soooo lucky with this...6 adopted dogs so far and none have been cat tested. They "tried" to cat test Kiwi (because we insisted, due to her size) and she wouldn't even look at the cat and kept trying to get the people to pet her. Got her home to find out my new pit bull was terrified of cats.

hopefully though, one day when i'm all growed up i can get a real live baby puppy!!!
iam eternally glad I did older dogs first for "practice" before finally getting the puppy. There is an extra sence of responsibility with a pup becasue you can't blame their quirks on their past. You shape everything, and thats downright scary to me. :) but yeah, when you do get your puppy I will happily steal it from you. ;)

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no no he does...just couldn't remember the story behind him..if it was questionable or not....Kiwi looks pure bred but isn't...the pit features tend to overwhelm any of the other present breeds.
Wow what is she mixed with? The original owner said he got him from a breeder so I guess it could be false? Looks like a pure bred but who knows right?

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
Wow what is she mixed with? The original owner said he got him from a breeder so I guess it could be false? Looks like a pure bred but who knows right?

Exactly...you'll never really know...I've see pit/lab mixes that look almost full pit..just not quite right....you mix a pit with another bully breed...say, american bulldog...and you pretty much can't tell unless they get too big.

Kiwi is Pit bull x sharpei

can't see all the extra skin and the curly tail in this pic...but they are there. she has typical sharpei coat color. Her ear set is very sharpei too. She is mostly Pittie tho so I refer to her as such, as even other pit owners don't see the mix and often ask me if she is purebred. I actually went to the shelter hoping for a sharpei mix but wasn't opposed to a pit (she was listed on petfinder as a sharpei mix). Best of both worlds IMO. :)

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exactly...you'll never really know...I've see pit/lab mixes that look almost full pit..just not quite right....you mix a pit with another bully breed...say, american bulldog...and you pretty much can't tell unless they get too big.

Kiwi is Pit bull x sharpei

can't see all the extra skin and the curly tail in this pic...but they are there. she has typical sharpei coat color. Her ear set is very sharpei too. She is mostly Pittie tho so I refer to her as such, as even other pit owners don't see the mix and often ask me if she is purebred. I actually went to the shelter hoping for a sharpei mix but wasn't opposed to a pit (she was listed on petfinder as a sharpei mix). Best of both worlds IMO. :)
She is cute lol.

He definitely looks like a pure pit and the vet said he is a good looking pit but I guess we will watch as he grows and see what he looks like lol.

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
iam eternally glad I did older dogs first for "practice" before finally getting the puppy. There is an extra sence of responsibility with a pup becasue you can't blame their quirks on their past. You shape everything, and thats downright scary to me. :) but yeah, when you do get your puppy I will happily steal it from you. ;)
its funny bc my experience is from the opposite side, we always got puppies and so didn't have any surprises about their history, we sort of learned it with them.

oh, and i'm pretty sure that if anyone tried to steal my puppy, it would come to fistacuffs for sure:p

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts