Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so excited that my deaf pit bull LOVES children. Took him to my parents house for my brothers bday and my niece (1 1/2 yrs old) an nephew (3 1/2 yrs old) were there. I put my puppy down and he ran over to my nephew and was just so dang happy! Granted he is in the chewing stage so I had to follow them around and distract Glacier from time to time. But he played "fetch" (more like my nephew throwing the ball and having to get it again from the pup lol) and gave lots of kisses to both kids. I am happy because Harvick is a crazy dog towards everybody especially little kids, and Peyton just needs to be socialized more without Harvick around (Harvick taught him too much negativity towards people) and the chihuahuas are just to fragile to be around young children.

·
Registered
171 Posts
We have a pittie in our family. She was found on Valentine's Day this year. She was dumped near our home. The vet said she was about 8 mos old. She is the sweetest dog. She is fantastic with with kids. Her name is Valentine. For a stray that was wandering on the desert you couldn't ask for a better dog. She is all kisses and tail wagging. She loves belly rubs and hugs. She has a 2yr old little girl that loves and adores her. Pitbulls are great.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have a pittie in our family. She was found on Valentine's Day this year. She was dumped near our home. The vet said she was about 8 mos old. She is the sweetest dog. She is fantastic with with kids. Her name is Valentine. For a stray that was wandering on the desert you couldn't ask for a better dog. She is all kisses and tail wagging. She loves belly rubs and hugs. She has a 2yr old little girl that loves and adores her. Pitbulls are great.
I have always been cautious with any young pup and little kids but I was just shocked! He ran right in, body went into wiggle mode (when he gets totally excited) my nephew kneeled down and Glacier just laid the kisses on him. Later he started to chew because we had ice cream and cake and my nephew of course had some on his fingers but I got Glacier a toy before he could hurt anybody lol.

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
clover loves kids too! i was really concerned at first, since i don't know his background and based on his interactions with grown-ups it wasn't a pleasant one, but he really loves kids, and he is careful around them too, no jumping or snatching food or anything. sometimes when i'm walking him and we walk past little kids, he'll just start walking at their pace like he's joining them!
it's funny, especially cuz i don't care for kids all that much....

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
clover loves kids too! i was really concerned at first, since i don't know his background and based on his interactions with grown-ups it wasn't a pleasant one, but he really loves kids, and he is careful around them too, no jumping or snatching food or anything. sometimes when i'm walking him and we walk past little kids, he'll just start walking at their pace like he's joining them!
it's funny, especially cuz i don't care for kids all that much....
HAHA me neither. I do love my niece and nephew but thats about it LOL.

We took him to the vet today for his second da2pp and he was all over the place loving on EVERYBODY. I am glad, I wanted a pit who can overcome the standard so I can prove how amazing they are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts