Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to take puppy of Giant Schnoodle - could somebody help me (i have allergy) this breed will be OK for me or not. And please tall me how hard to take care of big breed ( I did have only small dog before).Thank you

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
from my understanding of the breeds here, you are going to have a very large, very demanding dog. both giant schnauzers and poodles are very intelligent dogs that were bred to have high endurance and energy. they are both "working" dogs. Giant schnauzers were all around farm dogs, used to gaurd, herd, pull carts, just about anything a farmer could need and poodles were primarily hunting dogs, which need to be high energy. this means that the dog will require a lot of training, daily-to stimulate his mind, and a lot of exercise, daily to burn off all his energy. not to mention the special grooming needs that this type of dog undoubtedly have. basically, you'll need to have a huge amount of free time to spend grooming, training, and exercising.

Giant Schnoodle Info & Pictures, Giant Schnoodles, Giant Schnauzer Standard Poodle Hybrid

Giant Schnauzer Information and Pictures, Giant Schnauzers

Standard Poodle Information and Pictures. Barbone, Standard Poodles

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
I agree...thats going to be a demanding mix...not for the faint of heart.

as far as your allergies you need to go and meet the dog first. Even tho its a hypoallergenic dog you may still be allergic...depends on what you are reacting too. :)

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Can't say anymore than what has already been said, demanding breed, very large, lots of food and exercise and training needed. Also allergies can be to fur or dandruff, so what Crio said is perfect advice... go meet the dog before you purchase it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts